The Community Foundation of Ottawa is one of Ottawa’s most highly regarded philanthropic organizations, working with donors and the community at large to bring about positive, systemic and sustainable change in our city and beyond. The Foundation has built an enviable reputation for astute financial management, high quality donor services, strategic grantmaking and innovative partnerships. As part of its priority to build its brand and profile, the Community Foundation of Ottawa is looking to add an exceptional individual to its leadership team. Qualified applicants are invited to join this dynamic, entrepreneurial organization by considering the following opportunity.
DIRECTOR, PUBLIC ENGAGEMENT
Reporting to the President and CEO, this position is critical to the success of the organization, working to instill confidence that the Foundation is valued, known for impact, highly-regarded and attractive to current and potential stakeholders. As a member of the Leadership Team, this position bears the primary responsibility for high level overall outreach and engagement with the Foundation’s stakeholders, key influencers, partners and the community at large. Marketing and communications, including profile and awareness building are part of the portfolio of the position. As the Foundation’s prime to launch a new brand in 2017, the Director understands the power a brand can have in shaping beliefs and perceptions to engender support and commitment. The successful candidate has a passion for excellence and innovation, along with a proven ability to think strategically and execute flawlessly.
• Lead strategic planning, development, execution and direction of communications, marketing, PR, media relations and advertising.
• Develop and execute an appropriate social media strategy for the Foundation.
• For significant specific initiatives, work with internal peers to develop/deliver engagement and communication strategies that support the evolution, profile and brand-relevance of the initiatives.
• Strategically contribute to the establishment and/or ongoing development of relationships with community partners and other sector and municipal leaders to facilitate/assure the CFO’s place “at the table”, whether in a leadership or partnership role.
• Promote the CFO as the partner and vehicle of choice for donors/potential donors, and their networks including advisors in the financial, tax and estate planning fields.
• Highlight the CFO’s impact in the community with tangible evidence of our position as a hub of knowledge and expertise.
• Identify, aggregate, and shape high impact communication of synergies among the CFO’s evolving strategic initiatives.
• At least a Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, media or journalism. Professional accreditations an asset.
• More than eight years’ relevant progressive experience in the areas outlined above, from design to execution, including at least three at the leadership level
• Proven ability to work with a variety of stakeholders (public, media, community organizations, etc.) especially in the areas of facilitation, consultation and consensus building
• Bilingualism (English-French) desirable
• People and Project management
• Expertise in appropriate technologies
• Balancing autonomy with a team approach internally and externally
• Effective management of a complex, high-volume workload
Please email your application (cover letter and current resume) by February 10, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.